Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Empeccably Polished - Behind the Name

Before I get accused of misspelling impeccably, I just want everyone to know that it was on purpose. My name is Emily (obviously) and sometimes people call me Em, so i spelled it empeccably instead of impeccably Clever right?

But that's not all - polished has two meanings, the first meaning refined, sophisticated, and professional. The second meaning nail polish/varnish/lacquer. (Occasionally, I can actually be witty.)

As my bio reveals, I am a struggling nail polish addict. (Don't worry ladies, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Although, I'm not quite sure this is an addiction I want to break.) I have over 150 nail polishes and I am continually buying more. Every time I go anywhere I head straight for the beauty section. My friends scold me to try and help, but it's just no use. If I want to buy another color, I'm going to buy it.

This is a picture of my nail polish rack. Not all of them fit so I've had to put some in bins, but it holds the majority. My dad got it for me two Christmases ago - one of the best gifts I've ever received! As you can tell, my favorite brands are Essie and Revlon. Although Essie's brush is a little small, I really like the formula and the range of colors. Revlon's formula and color range are great too and, in my opinion, is a lot harder to chip than some other brands.


I've also been getting into nail art. I'm not that good yet, but I've definitely improving. After following numerous nail Instagrams, I figured out the types of tools I needed to create various designs and bought it (cheap) from Amazon or ebay.

I'm really busy with school right now so I haven't done anything intricate lately, but here are some designs I've done in the past.


I'll probably start doing nail art posts soon, especially if they're requested. If you guys have any specific ones you want to see just let me know, I'd be happy to make a tutorial.

Until next time,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment