Wednesday, March 19, 2014

London Called...

So what did I do? I crossed the pond and headed for the UK.

I'm only half kidding - I didn't just decide to travel to London on a whim. I'm studying here until the end of May, and surprise!...I've been here since January 6th! I'm actually really upset with myself. I said I was going to blog while I was over here but as we can see time slipped away from me and before I knew it...no blog posts.

BUT, there is no point in dwelling on the past. So I will attempt to catch all of you lovely followers up on the craziness and adventure that has been my life for the past two and a half months. (I'm laughing to myself given the fact that I probably have a whopping total of about three regular readers, two of which are my parents).

Anyway, London...what an amazing journey it's been so far! My flight to Heathrow left Dulles Airport at 10 pm so I arrived in London around 10 am. Surprisingly, I wasn't too tired - all the adrenaline and excitement took care of that. I arrived to my flat around early afternoon, my program leader gave me a quick tour of the area (shoutout to Global Semesters), and then I headed back to my room to relax.

Later that night my friend texted me asking if I wanted to go on a pub crawl. Now I've never been one to party, but I was in London so was I going on a pub crawl my first night in London? Hell yes. It was a good time and I met a bunch of new people. (Quick tip though - if you're going on a pub crawl...do not wear heels. I swear I had tendonitis for like a month, I could barely walk.)

My first week in London was class and work free, which was great. It allowed me to get my bearings, become familiar with the city, and meet a few friends before the craziness that is my life would begin.

I'll write some more posts detailing bigger events and trips I've taken, but for now here are a few pictures of some of the things I've seen in London.

Big Ben!

The Eye is huge close up! I went on it at night so I'll post pictures from that trip later

I just had to get a phone booth pic

Primrose Hill - it looks beautiful but for the five minutes we had to walk
up the hill there was an awful wind and painful rain. It all subsided and
looked gorgeous as soon as we got to the top. That's London weather for you!

Tower Bridge at night

Hyde Park - it was absolutely beautiful the day my friend and I went

Camden Lock Market - the most delicious food, and so much variety

Brick Lane - this area has some of the coolest street art

La Creperie de Hampstead....I'm not going to even try and explain how
delicious these crepes are. Just know - dark chocolate and hazelnut...yeah

That's all for now! I have tons of pictures I still need to upload, so I'll be sure to add more soon. However, I will leave you with this..



Live wild and stay classy,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment