Monday, April 14, 2014

Sun's Out, Brits Out

Spring has definitely sprung, and I couldn't be happier.

The past few days in London have been absolutely glorious. With no more work or classes that means constant frolicking around this beautiful and lively city. (Also possibly, maybe spending more money, but you only London once, right? Sorry, mom and dad.) My friends and I have been making the most of the beautiful weather - eating street food picnic-style, riding bikes around Hyde Park, and visiting local flower markets.

My legs were not ready for the bike ride through Hyde Park

Trafalgar Square

View of the Thames from South Bank

Picnic in the park

Colombia Road Flower Market

A gorgeous variety of roses 
Mini photo shoot in the sunshine
As you can tell by the last picture, nicer weather means more skin. As soon as it reaches the 60s, Brits pull out their shorts and dresses. It's great walking around places like Camden, Shoreditch, Primrose Hill, and Hyde Park. Everyone is picnicking, relaxing in the sun, or socializing outside in the pub gardens or on the rooftop with a pint in hand.

There's nothing like a sunny day in London - the vibe is fantastic. It's made me fall in love with this city even more. I can't believe I only have a month and a half left. It has gone by so fast, and I don't want to leave. But I'm excited to make the most of the rest of my time here with my best friends by my side.

Live wild and stay classy,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment